What training do I need?
Supporting your professional development at every step…
You will need the following qualifications:
- ☑ Approved certificate of competence in rodent control
If you will be involved in the purchase and application of professional rodenticides, you must hold an approved certificate of competence in rodent control. There are an array of awarding bodies and courses, many of which will award the necessary certificate on successful completion of a 1-day training course and exam.
Full list of current approved courses:
- ☑ Killgerm Principles of Rodent Control
- ☑ City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Award in Safe Use of Pesticides for Vertebrate Pest Control for Rats and Mice
- ☑ Lantra: Responsible and Effective Control of Commensal Rodents
- ☑ Lantra: Rodent Control on Farms
- ☑ Rat Control for Gamekeepers
- ☑ RSPH Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Rodenticides
- ☑ BPCA Using Rodenticides Safely
- ☑ RSPH Level 2 Award in Pest Management
- ☑ RSPH/BPCA Level 2 Certificate in Pest Management
The full list of stewardship approved certificates can be found on the CRRU website here.
Although there is no current legal specification on which qualification you need to hold in order to purchase and apply professional use insecticides, it is strongly advised, and a policy for many suppliers, that you are adequately educated and competent in some form of spraying or insect-based training. As a responsible supplier, Killgerm, accept the following certificates to supply insecticides: